"In this classroom, relationships are fostered, families are respected, and children are honored.
In this classroom, nature's gifts are valued and children's thoughts are captured.
In this classroom, learning is alive and aesthetic beauty is appreciated." -Unknown

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Get 'Em Outdoors!! Part 2

The Audubon Nature Preschool
"Children are born naturalists. They explore the world with all of their senses, experiment in the environment, and communicate their discoveries to those around them."


In Part 1 I shared images from the 2010-2011 school year of our preschool friends playing and enjoying the nature around them. This post will show some of our current school year's nature images.


Racing horses all around the playground

Sun, ribbons, and shadows equal happiness.

Kaleidoscope fun

We love bubbles!

Wings from the Dollar Store. My friends were being butterflies.
We had been learning about the anatomy and eating habits of
butterflies. The children would tell me they were off to find
nectar in the flowers and would use their proboscis to slurp it up.

Big bubble fun with the fancy wand

Puddles beckon my friends to play in them.

Perching on a hay bale and chatting with a friend.

Hula hoop adventure

Collecting natural materials

Raking leaves

Ring Around the Roses is always a hit!

Reading, it's not just an indoors activity.

Weaving on the fence

Endless possibilities abound when you look for them and there's always an adventure to be had when you get 'em outdoors.

6 comments:

  1. hi I have just found your blog thanks to Juliet from Creative Star. I love to get the chance to look around other settings, especially the outdoor space. I teach 3&4 year olds in N.I. If you get a chance you can check out my blog, every 2 weeks I host an outdoor play link up & would love to have to add a post, an old one or a new one, doesn't matter, Kierna
    http://nosuchthingasbadweather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kierna. I must admit, I'm geographically challenged and always learning. Where's N.I.? I'll definitely check out your blog and would love to link up to it. Thanks so much!!

      Delete
    2. OK, so 6 months down the line you made it to the outdoor play party!! Thanks for adding this to the link up this week, Kierna (in Northern Ireland)

      Delete
    3. Kierna, better late than never. I actually forgot about it until Jackie from Happy Hooligans posted that she's now part of it. lol

      Delete
  2. Hi buddy,

    Your school outdoor activities are really great. I just read your post. Really amazing ideas you shared. Thanks for sharing.

    Thankfully. OutdoorXsports

    ReplyDelete